The Power of One!
A leadership training program sponsored by Rotary International that
promotes, encourages and rewards outstanding young people.
An all-expenses paid five-day conference that brings together a special group
of boys and girls from Northern Colorado, Wyoming and Western Nebraska
to share ideas about becoming better leaders.
An action-packed program of activities that help build confidence and
leadership skills (like problem solving games, challenge course, zip
line, skits, group discussions and teambuilding activities)
An adventure that might change your life!
If you are now in 7th grade, and:
- Want to become a better leader
- Would like a chance to meet and talk to other teens from different
- Have demonstrated leadership in your school or community
- Want to bring positive change to your community
- Are interested in making new friends
Then you should come to Young RYLA!
Click here for registration dates and other info.
- Young RYLA-1: July 19 - 24, 2020
- Young RYLA-2: July 26 - 31, 2020
Ponderosa Retreat & Conference Center in Larkspur, CO
(1 hour south of Denver)
Cost: There is no cost to you! The $450 registration fee is paid by a
local Rotary Club.
Application Deadline: Determined by each Rotary Club, but the deadline is usually April 30 or sooner.
Check with your school counselor or local Rotary Club contact.
How to Apply:
1) Carefully read this entire page.
2) Click on the "7th Graders apply" link below.
3) Complete the online application
(If you don't want your first name on your badge, enter a nickname).
4) The last page of the application contains everything you entered - print that.
5) Read that page, sign, and get your parent's signature.
6) Contact the RYLA Representative in your local Rotary Club.
7) Hand your signed application to the RYLA Representative at your interview.
8) Note that shirts are adult men's sizes.
9) Parent's Email Address: please carefully enter only ONE e-mail address.
After applying online, you must contact a Rotary Club
in order to be interviewed and selected!
PARENTS - please read the rest of this page before starting your child's application!
If you have already applied or simply started the application
(and you want to change your contact information or anything else), use this link:
Click here TO CHANGE the Young RYLA application you previously started
Every time you click NEXT and go to the next page, the system saves everything you entered.
Note that the fields with a red * are REQUIRED.
If NEXT doesn't work, look for
a message in red at the bottom of the screen, and the problem field changes
to PINK. If you run into difficulties,
send an e-mail to the registrars so we can help (include your full name as you entered it, your birth date
and any other helpful information):
If you are selected, your parents must also complete these forms and deliver them to
your local Rotary Club's RYLA Representative:
- The doctor's form showing your immunizations and dates.
- Your Medical checkup/Health screening (this comes from a health provider). THIS MUST BE DATED AFTER AUGUST 1 OF LAST YEAR!
- Completed Ponderosa Registration and Release. You can save this, fill it out electronically, include 3 electonic signatures and e-mail it, or print it, fill it out, and sign in 3 places:
Ponderosa Registration and Release
If you are selected, please e-mail all of the above to your RYLA Rep, or hand the printed sheets to your RYLA Representative!
Note that you MUST include a health screening or a physical performed
AFTER last August 1st!
signed by a physician or nurse practitioner. This is Colorado law, and is absolutely required in order for your child to attend Young RYLA conference!
7th Graders apply for Young RYLA here
For more information, please contact your
local Rotary Club.
Dave Amen, Marc Solnet and Phil Murphy
Rocky Mountain RYLA, Inc. (a non-profit corporation)
If you have any difficulties with your application, please send an e-mail to: